CHOCOLATE BUTTER COOKIES
These rich cookies pack a ton of flavor in a small package – a simple way to introduce yourself to the Madécasse 70% Pure Dark Chocolate bar.
These cookies are best piped and baked soon after mixing. Lacking a pastry bag and star-shaped tip, these cookies can also be portioned with a spoon and rolled by hand before baking. Baking temperature and time are based on a conventional oven; if using a convection oven, the temperature can be decreased to 350°F/176°C.
what you’ll need
1 1/2 cup (210 grams) all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon (1 gram) ground cinnamon
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (200 grams) unsalted butter
1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
1 bar (75 grams) Madécasse 70% Pure Dark Chocolate, melted
1 whole egg
1. Combine and sift the flour and cinnamon and reserve.
2. Combine butter, sugar and salt in a mixer bowl and, with paddle attachment, cream until light and fluffy. Add the melted chocolate and mix well to combine.
3. Add the egg and mix well.
4. Reduce mixer speed and slowly add dry ingredients in stages, mixing just until incorporated.
5. Transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in an oven preheated to 400ºF /204ºC for 10-120 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Serving suggestion: Dust cookies with confectioner’s sugar; drizzle or dip the baked and cooled cookies into melted and tempered Madécasse 70% Pure Dark Chocolate bars.